Reserve your own private workshop and work and benefit from individual tuition.
This workshop is suitable for those with no experience or for those who want to come back and work on their own projects.
You learn what you need to make your chosen jewellery design. As you finish each step in the process we explain the next one. We give you a brief overview of the techniques you can use, then we discuss the tools and the processes you need to make your piece of jewellery.
Each workshop is different as they are tailored to your individual designs and the method of making. In most of our beginners workshops you will learn the following traditional skills:
- Measuring and sizing
- Marking the metal ready to saw
- Sawing out your design from silver using a piercing saw
- Filing it to perfect the shape
- Using a blowtorch to soften the metal so that it is easier to manipulate and you can shape it or texture it using a hammer or pliers
- Texturing the metal
- Soldering pieces of silver together using flux and a blowtorch
- Cleaning the silver using an acid solution
- Finishing your piece by sanding, burnishing, polishing and/or oxidising it.